Thursday, June 27, 2019
What is Door? 8 Types of Doors Commonly Used in Building
What is a door?
The door is a mobile mechanism that is more like a barrier made of wood, stone, metal, glass, paper, leaves, skins or a combination of materials. A door understands the importance of having options when choosing the right fit for the architecture of our house and the interior and exterior decoration from the curb to the lobby. Fashionable to the timeless, discreet to the elaboration, the door offers a warm welcome. There is a marked contrast between the inner and outer door. A door has an aesthetic purpose in creating an impression of what is beyond.
Types of Doors
There are many kinds of doors with different purposes. Doors are largely defined by the materials they are made from. Also, door classification varies due to the mechanism and usage. Followings are the classifications of doors:
Considering Material Used
· Wooden Door
· Metal Door
· UPVC Door
Considering the Mechanism & Usage
· Sliding Door
· Composite Door
· Swinging Door
· Revolving Door
· Folding Door
Types of Door Based on the Material Used
Doors can be classified based on the materials used for making doors. The most used materials for the door are-
The wooden door is the best option for owners. It is a premium option for the interior and exterior of your home with a rich sense of character and beauty on its own. Many old doors were made of wood. A wooden door can be made as you have decorative but functional design options. Most wooden doors open in a rolling system; It is also dyed instead of painted, as it is a commercial option that allows you to show the natural grain of the wood.
Advantages of wooden doors
The wooden door has a lot of appeal and the benefits are given below:
· Wood is an easy material to work with.
· Solid wood panel The PVC glass door is ecological, sound proof, waterproof (suitable for coastal areas).
· We can use it as a security door, entrance door or revolving door.
· A wooden door has a simple installation, smooth surface, master sculpture and durability.
Disadvantages of wooden doors
However, the wooden door also has some disadvantages. These are :
· It needs care and maintenance to keep working at maximum.
· A wooden door must be sealed before installation, otherwise it could absorb moisture.
· Due to its heavy material, a wooden door may yield over time. Therefore, you need to update your hardware and framework.
As the name suggests, the metal door is made of metal. It has a long service life with high dimensional accuracy and excellent resistance to corrosion. It works as a way to screw the entrance to a formation and seal the components. It is more like a type of barricade that can withstand storms and earthquakes. A metal door can be made with glass kit, blind, fire, showcase.
Advantages of metal doors
The metal door provides the following benefits:
· This door is easy to handle.
· It can only be placed in a door frame with durability and easy installation.
· By having a component resistant to windstorms, it can be as aristocratic as a wooden door.
·The metal door comes in several forms. The metal door with fire classification is an excellent way to include additional light in a room, providing additional security.
·The sheet metal door is a hinged door made of metal fragments with a lock and a lock code.
· It is robust with several designs and patterns, also resistant to chemicals.
· The real effects of the texture of the wood are the reason behind the success of a metal door.
·Using paints, we can keep it for a long time.
·Since the price is not high, all kinds of people can afford it.
Disadvantages of metal doors
The disadvantages of a metal door are -
· It has an oxidation problem.
· It can not give an architectural vision.
· This could be heavy in weight.
The UPVC door is a replacement for a wooden door. It is made of a totally recyclable material, in keeping with our green life as plastic, glass or bamboo. It has several types, for example. Gold, solid or platinum. UPVC door with double glazing is in great demand today. It is mainly used in the interior, bathroom and garden.
Advantages of UPVC doors
The UPVC door has many pros and less cons. The pros are
· Maintains a safe house and protected by multipoint blocking.
· Guarantees never deform, rot or discolor.
· The UPVC door looks good due to its different colors and sizes.
· It is durable and resistant to water.
· Strong and affordable at the same time.
· You can make energy efficient by thermal updating.
· It is durable and free of maintenance.
· The U value of the central panel is quite low.
· It is made of lightweight material.
Disadvantages of UPVC doors
However, there is only one scam that is -
· It is not suitable for front door due to its light weight.