Skip to content
Cement is a very useful binding material in construction. The applications of cement in various fields of construction have made it a very important civil engineering material.
Some of the numerous functions of cement are detailed below.
- It is used in mortars for plaster, masonry, notes, etc.
- It is used to make joints of drains and pipes.
- It is used for the water tightness of the structure.
- It is used in concrete to place floors, ceilings and build lintels, beams, stairs, pillars, etc.
- It is used when a hard surface is required for the protection of exposed surfaces of structures against climate destructive agents and certain organic or inorganic chemicals.
- It is used for the manufacture of prefabricated pipes, piles, fencing posts, etc.
- It is used in the construction of important engineering structures such as bridges, culverts, dams, tunnels, lighthouses, etc.
- It is used in the preparation of foundations, watertight floors, trails, etc.
- It is used for the construction of wells, water tanks, tennis courts, lampposts, telephone booths, roads, etc.